From Gnash Project Wiki
Release 0.8.7 was targeted for and released on February 15 2010.
Changes from Release 0.8.6
- Automatic (--screenshot=1,500,last --screenshot-filename="output%f.png") and spontaneous (Ctrl-O) screenshot production in all GUIs. (Bwy 03:14, 1 February 2010 (MST))
- Significant memory savings when parsing large XML trees by creating objects only on access. Stringification and parsing is possible without any object creation. (bwy)
- Significant memory savings when no super is required in functions. (bwy)
- Enhancements in video streaming (fixing old youtube player's HD button and seeks outside buffered time) (strk)
- Non blocking load of bitmaps, movies, data (strk)
- Fix use of imported library symbols (strk)
- AS2 Array handling fixed. (bwy)
- Refactoring to eliminate most static data and get closer to re-entrant VM. (bwy)
- SWF6 dynamic gradients tested and implemented correctly. (bwy)
- TextFormat.getTextExtent implemented. (bwy)
- TextField.autoSize implemented for right and center autosizing. (bwy)
- Progress in Rendering in actionscript.
- Implement remaining flash package classes:
- flash.geom.Transform (core support for flash.geom) done except for read-only methods'
- flash.display needs further implementation (flash.display.BitmapData is only partly implemented).
- flash.filters: completely unimplemented.
- flash.net: completely unimplemented.
- flash.external: completely unimplemented.
- flash.text: completely unimplemented.
- MovieClip (sprite) properties need implementing:
- blendMode Ready for renderer implementation
- Fully reentrant corelib Underway
- See Re-entrancy for more information and progress
- Dynamically loadable media handler modules Would be possible now
- AVM2 Depends on corelib refactoring for reentrancy
- Make VM capable of opening SWFs successively Should be able to do this simultaneously
- Implement SOUNDSTREAM synchronization.