From Gnash Project Wiki
Release 0.8.6 was targeted for September 2009, and released on September 15 2009.
Changes from Release 0.8.5
- TextSnapshot, Camera, Microphone, TextField and TextFormat implemented.
- ASSetNative, ASSetNativeAccessor, ASconstructor implemented.
- New utilities for finding input devices for Camera and Microphone.
- Fix bitmap smoothing handling in AGG renderer (
- Custom Gnash GTK widget.
- Various improvements to text handling
- Code refactoring:
- large-scale refactoring of object and class creation for improved AS compatibility,
- extension of native classes now works in many cases,
- more compatible and slimmer DisplayObject classes,
- improvements in parsing,
- general reduction of GC resources,
- easier to implement new classes.
- new ActionScript 2 & 3 test suite.
- re-organization of all ActionScript classes into the proper namespaces.
- PyGTK module support.
- Native and built-in functions properly separated, more native functions added.
- AmigaOS4 support (gui and sound handler)
- Fixes to XMLSocket crash and event order.
- Performance improvement for SDL gui (invalidated regions).
- Corrected timing of various AS events, fixing various SWFs that rely on them.
- Many minor bug fixes.
- Better A/V synchronization
- Rudimentary AVM2 implementation (--enable-avm2). Warning: do not expect this to work usefully.
- Possible to omit AVM2 code from binaries completely where it's not needed.
- Progress in Rendering in actionscript.
- Implement remaining flash package classes:
- flash.geom.Transform (core support for flash.geom) should only need implementation of the other flash.geom classes.
- flash.display needs further implementation (flash.display.BitmapData is only partly implemented).
- flash.filters: completely unimplemented.
- flash.net: completely unimplemented.
- flash.external: completely unimplemented.
- flash.text: completely unimplemented.
- MovieClip (sprite) properties need implementing:
- blendMode Ready for renderer implementation
- attachBitmap (core support for flash.display). done
- Fully reentrant corelib Underway, probably won't be ready for the release
- See Re-entrancy for more information and progress
- Dynamically loadable media handler modules Would be possible for this release, needs cleanup of Input classes
- AVM2 Depends on corelib refactoring for reentrancy; also not ready for this release
- Make VM capable of opening SWFs successively Should be able to do this simultaneously, but only after the release
- Implement SOUNDSTREAM synchronization.