From Gnash Project Wiki
Release 0.8.2 (the first beta release) was released on March 5 2008.
Changes since Release 0.8.1
- Improved timeline redesign.
- Action execution order fixes.
- Keyboard handling improved Task #7292.
- New classes implemented: System.capabilities (partial), SharedObject, LocalConnection.
- New opcodes implemented: ActionImplements, Try/Throw.
- Movieclip.beginGradientFill completes drawing API support.
- MovieClip._lockroot support added.
- Implement GET/POST for MovieClip.loadVariables and MovieClip.loadMovie
- Textfield support improved.
- Security: configurable sandbox restricts filesystem access by movies.
- Better support for SWF8.
- Streaming OGG-contained multimedia (e.g. vorbis/theora or vorbis/dirac), and other free formats.
- OGL and Cairo renderers much improved.
- Improvements of the Framebuffer GUI (hide text messages, support Linux events system, built-in touchscreen calibration, simple keyboard support, better architecture support).
- SOLdumper utility for reading SOL files ('flash cookies').
- DumpShm utility finds and dumps Local Connection memory segments.
- Fullscreen display possible.
- Extensions for LIRC and DBus.
- High quality, cross-platform psuedo-randomness using boost random.
- Set and save preferences from the GUI (GTK).
- Improved stability and robustness with malformed SWFs.
- New User manual! Rewritten reference manual, brought up to date.
- Many other bugfixes.
This is what we should complete before the release
- Disable SharedObject by default, define safe enabling directives.
- Stabilize video playback (Video-rehack). DONE
- Stabilize timeline control (more tests?)
- Fix action execution order handling - much progress, but still not 100% correct
- Bug #19832 - A/V syncing] - POSTPONED
- Win32 support This is looking unlikely
- OS X support (Implemented but critical bugs remain).
- Implement ACTION_TRY/ACTION_THROW opcodes (see misc-mtasc.all/exception.as) - DONE
- Implement ACTION_IMPLEMENTS opcode - mostly done, needs more testing
- Fix critical bugs exposed by the testsuite. - mostly done
- Fix BLOCKER to SECURITY bugs (see savannah)
- New implementation of OpenGL renderer. DONE
- New implementation of Cairo renderer (mostly done).
- Fix the manual. it looks like it was in the middle of a reorg that never got finished. Much stuff doesn't even seem to be in the manual anymore...
- Beat Cygnal into a stable enough shape that it's actually usable. This means fixing the AMF/RTMP/SOL support in Gnash as well as they both use libamf.