From Gnash Project Wiki
Release 0.8.1 (the fourth alpha release) was scheduled to be out before the end of August 2007, and was released on or around August 29 2007.
NOTE: 0.8.1 will be released from the release_0_8_1 branch, and be tagged as release_0_8_1_final.
Changes since Release 0.8.0
- Garbage Collector fixing memory leaks
- Support for device fonts
- Support for dynamic text fields
- Better key handling
- Support for FFMPEG SVN
- Support for on-demand install of needed Gstreamer codec plugins.
- Debugger off by default (improves performance and memory use)
- Support for KDE/AGG combination
- Layout change : we'll now build <gui>-gnash and 'gnash' is a shell script with gui selection capabilities (-G)
- More robust parser
- Better support for flash player detection Patch #6151.
- Fix for 'debugLog' directive in gnashrc Patch #6158.
- Misc. bug-fixes as usual...
This is what we should complete before the release:
- Fix BLOCKER to SECURITY bugs (see savannah)
- Make sure
Bug #20575klash is built in coexistance with 'gnash' and works as a konqueror plugin - fixed, isn't called "klash" anymore but rather kde-gnash
- Test build since introduction of separate libs for each gui and renderer - done
Bug #20301in expose events] or disable MIT-SHM - done: disabled
- Write release message, update READMEs - done
- Update version strings to 0.8.1 - done
- After release is final, update the NEWS file in HEAD.