Building on Open SUSE 10.3
From Gnash Project Wiki
Notes for installing and building OpenSUSE 10.3:
- Install OpenSUSE. It's important for you to enbale the repositories it suggests at the very beginning of the install.
- (obviously) don't accept the Adobe Flash license during the install.
- Run the YaST Control Center.
* Click on Software Management * In the Filter drop-down menu, click on Patterns. * Scroll down to Development. * Check off Base Development * Check off C/C++ Developmnet. * Click "Accept" in lower right. YaST now downloads and installs packages. * No, you do not want to install or remove more packages.
- Fetch a copy of gnash:
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/sources/gnash co gnash
- Create the configures:
- Run configure
sh configure --enable-gui=gtk
- It notes that a few packages are missing. Install them:
sudo /sbin/yast -i agg-devel libxml2-devel libjpeg-devel gstreamer010-devel
- Gnash now builds with only warnings about packages needed to run the tests.